Winter is Here! 8 Tips for Keeping Your Skin Happy
It's official, winter is in full swing! Adjusting your skin care routine for the season is just as important as adjusting your wardrobe. The cold, windy, and dry air works against our efforts for glowy, healthy skin. Is your skin care regimen in check?
- Switch to a hydrating, gentle cleanser. To avoid stripping the skin of moisture, look for cleansers that nourish and hydrate while they cleanse.
- Keep soap to the dirty areas only (armpits, groin, feet, etc.). This will keep the soap from over-drying the skin.
- Get a humidifier, your skin will thank you. Winter air and the dry heat of heaters void the skin of natural moisture. Using a humidifier allows you to control the humidity in your home or office, putting moisture back into the air.
- Ditch the super long, extra hot showers. Tempting as it may be this time of year, taking long, hot, steamy showers can dry out your skin.
- Apply moisturizer to damp skin. Lightly pat your skin dry just after hopping out of the shower, leaving your skin slightly damp, then immediately apply your lotion or cream to lock in the moisture.
- Creams over lotions. During the winter months, opt for a heavier cream instead of a lotion for an extra hydration boost.
- Exfoliate, but not too much. Chemical exfoliation with polyhydroxy acids (PHAs) or alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) and gentle manual exfoliation help to keep dry skin under control.
- Sunscreen is just as important now as in the summer months! UV rays are always at work, so a good mineral SPF is critical year-round.
Put your best #FaceFirst with Nextcell.
Posted: January 25, 2017