A change in seasons means it's time to transform your skin care routine! With fall officially here and even colder months ahead, you need to prep your skin to adjust to the weather. Here are some tips on how to get your skin fall ready and maintain a healthy complexion.
1. Switch up your cleanser. The cooler months bring less humid weather and oil production slows. So if you experience acne, hopefully you will see it starting to clear. Now is the time to switch to more gentle cleansers and toners that nurture and cleanse at the same time.
2. Bring on the moisture! The crisp, dry air of fall can often dry out the skin. Swap out your light moisturizer for a slightly heavier cream for better hydration. For those with especially dry skin, apply moisturizer to slightly damp skin to lock in the moisture.
3. Exfoliation is key. Both chemical and manual exfoliation are essential to revealing a super smooth texture and even pigmentation.
4. Retinoids to the rescue! Summer may be over, but the aftermath of any sun damage may be lingering, retinoids are great for addressing both sun spots and uneven texture.
5. SPF is still a must! Summer may be over, but UV rays are at work year-round. Specifically, UVA rays, those responsible for premature aging and causing skin cancer. Opt for a physical sunscreen for sufficient protection from UV rays.
6. Schedule a visit to your derm or medical aesthetician. This is the perfect time to get some pro tips on your newly updated skin care routine, have a facial to exfoliate and clear any clogged pores, and address uneven pigmentation.
Put your best #FaceFirst with Nextcell.