9 Secrets to Age-Defying Skin
When it comes to your skin, you may not be able to stop the aging process. However, you can take steps today to slow it down. Don’t believe us? Take these skin care tips from Dr. Suzan Obagi for a spin and you can be the judge!
1. Wear sunscreen every day – and, yes, we mean every single day. Harmful UV rays are at work year round, regardless of season or climate, so don't be caught without proper protection. When choosing a sunscreen, opt for a non-chemical based mineral sunscreen with zinc oxide or titanium dioxide for better protection against harmful UV rays, both outdoors and indoors.
2. Show your teeth when you smile. Smiling without showing your pearly whites engages muscles that contribute to frown lines (similar to gum chewing). Smile big and prevent wrinkles? We’ll take it!
3. Drink plenty of water. We like to keep a reusable bottle on hand and refill it throughout the day. If you enjoy a morning espresso or a glass of wine at the end of the day, remember to drink plenty of water to replenish.
4. Get 8 hours of sleep. Life is hectic, but that doesn’t mean you should skimp on sleep! It’s essential for your body to function optimally, and for keeping your skin looking fresh. They don’t call it ‘beauty sleep’ for nothing.
5. Don’t smoke. We all know how bad it is for health and hygiene, but did you know that smoking also contributes to premature wrinkling? Just don’t do it!
6. Avoid chewing gum. The repeated chewing motion pulls down the corners of the mouth, and strengthens the downward pulling muscles, worsening marionette lines (the ones around your mouth).
7. Refrain from using straws. Avoid puckering your mouth unnecessarily. It contributes to wrinkling of the lips and around the mouth.
8. Keep your hands away from your face. Your hands are dirty. Transferring the dirt, grime, and oil from your hands to your face can cause breakouts or worsen an existing breakout.
9. Drink alcohol in moderation. This is an easy one. Alcohol is bad for you, it ages you, and it dehydrates you. If you do happen to overindulge, make sure to properly rehydrate.
Put your best #FaceFirst with Nextcell.
Posted: August 4, 2016